Alright, y’all. I jumped off the blogging bandwagon for quite some time, and then I thought I wanted to use WordPress. (I’m sorry — that won’t happen again; forgive me.)
Anyway, because I have an intense love for reading random facts about people, I wanted to share some facts about me. I also thought this would be a great way to jump back into blogging.
Also, please note that because it has been almost a year since I’ve touched this blog that it will be under construction for a bit. (I’m no longer loving the design.)
As I was
trolling the Internet working diligently today at work, I came across what is now probably one of my favorite blogs. This chick is hilarious! I’m a little late on the link-up, but I got it from Whitney over at I Wore Yoga Pants to Work. If you haven’t already, please check out her blog — it’s ridiculously entertaining.
So anyway, without further ado, my facts:
- I have a degree in English that I ACTUALLY USE! Shocker. This brings me to my next fact.
- I am an Editorial Assistant on a Navy base. I have a dream job. More about that later!
- I love giraffes. No, you don’t understand. I. LOVE. GIRAFFES. They have been my favorite animal for practically forever, but I hadn’t actually seen one until about a year and a half ago. I have giraffe-print TOMS, a giraffe sticker on my phone, I will soon have a giraffe case for my phone, and I have a “Serious Giraffe Lover” license plate frame. Forrealz.
Do I look happy? I was SO happy! (Boo. My hair is not that long anymore.)
- I have a little bit of OCD, but I’m not a freak. (Not implying that people with OCD are freaks, but, you know.) Like, I count my steps when I walk and I’m all about my feet having to feel “even.” Yes, I’ve talked to a professional about this. Whatever.
- I have two pets: a pet hedgehog named Henrietta, and a Yorkie named Joey. They’re adorable. The Yorkie lives with my parents, though, because I can’t have him in my apartment. Sad.
Proof of the adorableness.
- I am always reading something. At any given point you can ask me what I’m reading and I can guarantee that I’ll have an answer. For those who are wondering, I just got through the Fifty Shades trilogy and am looking for a new book. Recommendations welcome.
- Sparkly things are my entire life. Glitter tattoos, anyone?
- Salsa should be its own food group. Really. I would eat it with a spoon if I thought that was socially acceptable.
- Sad but true fact: I don’t have too many friends anymore. I have my absolute BEST friend who has been my bestie since we were eight, but after high school I drifted from my friends (doesn’t that always happen?) and then after college all my friends moved far away. Bummer. Thank God for Facebook. We keep in touch, I just don’t have the kind of friends I can hang out with. At least not on a regular basis.
- I am ridiculous and I know it. I can’t help it. And sometimes I can hear things coming out of my mouth that I wish I could stop, but then it’s too late. And let’s be honest, I probably wouldn’t have stopped them anyway.
- KATHY GRIFFIN. I love her.
- I have an insane amount of pop culture knowledge. I also have a wide array of musical taste. Both of these fun facts have won me contests.
- I love answering questions. It’s like a disease. I always feel so selfish because I just want to answer questions all the time; I don’t know how to volunteer information, so if you want to know something you better ask me! Bahaha
- I truly enjoy getting to know people (yes, I know that this
completelyonly a little bit contradicts my last fact. I don’t care. Tell me things!
- My hair has been a bajillion different colors, but all shades of red. Naturally it’s dark auburn.
- I only wear Ray Bans. I’m not like a snob about it, they’re just the only shades I
- I secretly think I’m awesome and hilarious. Although I guess that’s not-so-secret anymore?
- I don’t like margaritas. I always thought I did, and I want to like them, but I just don’t.
- Related fact: Liquor. Love it. (But NOT gin. Ew.)
- I thought I was going to be a teacher. I’m not. I couldn’t be happier about that.
- I’ve known my boyfriend literally FOREVER.
That’s the bf and his sister sitting in my house BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN.
- I worked at Rita’s for three seasons. But they weren’t consecutive seasons.
That’s really me in there. And this only happened once.
- I love to travel. I’ve been everywhere
man. At least it feels like it. In the grand scheme of things I haven’t really been anywhere.
- I am like a dog. Truly. I love car rides. I will go on all of your stupid errands with you JUST so I can be in the car. But please don’t put the window down; I hate wind.
- My favorite band is Hanson. (Really this should have been the first thing I said, but alas, it was not.) If you’re judging right now it’s because you haven’t heard anything they’ve done since MMMBop. Go. Listen. Now. They’ve put out four CDs since then.
- Bob Schneider is second.
- I HATE vacuuming. I don’t like noise. But I love to clean the bathroom. I know, weird.
- I have an intense fascination with the Holocaust. But not in a weird way.
- I was prom princess at my 11th grade prom. I have no idea. I was the LEAST popular. Go figure.
- I went to Salisbury University. And hated it.
- And I’m pretty sure I saved the best for last. (Because you ALL wanted to know this.) I can fit FIVE DIMES in my belly button. Fitty cent, y’all. Of course there is a picture…
The most impressive thing you’ve ever seen? I thought so.
So I suppose that this shall conclude my bandwagon post. Again, I love answering questions, so please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or email me or anything! I’d love to hear from you!