I’m constantly changing up my makeup routine. I have a few favorites that I’ll never go without (hello Dr. Pepper chapstick), but for the most part I’m not attached to any one product. I’ve rounded up my new current favorites for you, and let me just warn you — this post is going to be a serious rave. I cannot get enough of these.
1. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick – I have this in three colors. I grabbed the first one on a whim in the checkout line at ULTA. Obsessed. So smooth and perfect. The colors last a good while, but you’ll definitely need to bring it with you for touch-ups during the day. They’re a little on the pricey side for what they are, but it’s worth it.
2. it Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil – I don’t know how I lived without this. I’ve only recently started filling in my eyebrows (I also don’t know how I lived for so long without doing that, but that’s another story), so I’ve been experimenting with powders, pencils, and whatever else. I actually saw this on an infomercial one day and thought it seemed weird, but then by the end I was totally convinced. They made it seem like even a novice could handle this, and boy were they right. Now instead of never leaving the house without mascara, it’s mascara and eyebrows.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation & Brush – Guys. Er, ladies. I just…I can’t even. Pure perfection. I came across this months ago and didn’t want to try it because I used to be a Bare Minerals snob, but recently stopped using it because I wasn’t getting the coverage I needed. Plus, the brushes always hurt my face. Anyway. I finally took the plunge and bought this on Black Friday. I will never go back to any other powder foundation. And I chose to get the brush as well and I’m in love. It doesn’t make my face red and it provides amazing coverage. I ordered Fair-Light Honey and when I got it I thought it wouldn’t match, but once it was on the color was perfect. It really does last all day. I put it on at 6:00 a.m. and wore it to work. At 9:00 that night before I washed my face it was still perfectly in place. *Side note: my face gets oily throughout the day, but that was no problem with this stuff. Well, now that I’ve written you a book about how wonderful it is, you should probably try it for yourself. Whew. Oh, and one more thing. It doesn’t look super powdery when it’s on, and that’s really important. (PS – Right now Tarte is having their Friends and Family sale and everything is 30% off until 12/11.)
4. Benefit They’re Real Mascara – Again, why did it take so long for me to hop on this bandwagon? I’ll be on a They’re Real kick for at least a year. I put it on without having curled my eyelashes and I immediately noticed how much longer, curlier, and fuller they looked. I bought the sample size because I couldn’t justify spending that much on mascara, but I guarantee I will be buying the full size when that runs out.
5. ULTA Super Blender Sponge – Cheap. Works like a charm. I have one liquid foundation that I wear for special occasions or when I really have time to perfect my makeup, and this is what I use to put it on with. I won’t pay a bajillion dollars for a sponge, so I opted for the ULTA brand one and I love it. I’ve already bought a second one. I also use it to even out my powder blush when I accidentally put on too much. Just a couple dabs and it fixes everything. I’ve had my first one for a few months now and I’ve washed it multiple times and it’s still holding up great. But at $5, who really cares if it falls apart in a month? (But it won’t.)
If you want any more details of these products, just let me know. I’d be happy to write another novel about how great they are.
What products have you tried lately that you don’t think you can live without?