*This post was inspired by the company Man Crates. I was not compensated in any way for this, and this list includes only items that I came up with; they did not ask me to include anything specific.
Everybody has a list of things they absolutely couldn’t live without. Or maybe things they just wouldn’t want to live without. I mean, you all know that I love making lists of things that I think I can’t live without (examples here & here), so why not make another, right? Being that I live in a first world country with #firstworldproblems, the items on my list are not exactly survival tools. But for me, I don’t think I would survive without them.
1. Chocolate-covered Coffee Beans – Any time I’m near a candy store (oh hey boardwalk!), I HAVE to get these. They’re actually the only reason I even go into candy stores. Coffee beans on their own? Disgusting. Why would anyone eat that? But coffee beans covered in chocolate? Yummmm. I’m pretty sure I’d eat a cricket if it was covered in chocolate. Except not really.
2. Dr. Pepper Chapstick – This has made an appearance on my blog before. Maybe more than once. It gives the perfect amount of color and keeps my lips from getting chapped. And it tastes sooooo good. Also it’s cheap.
3. J. Crew Leggings – Oh. My. Goodness. I discovered these this past winter when I had a coupon (because omg $35 for leggings is ridiculous) and I probably will never buy cheap leggings again. Not that I wear them as pants… but if I did these would definitely do the trick. Not sheer, they hold their shape, and they are so comfortable. The waistband comes up high enough that your circulation isn’t cut off in weird places. I’ll probably stock up this fall. And I might even pay full price.
4. Goody Hair Ties – It. Must. Be. These. I didn’t realize that there were people in the world who hated these until I went to the website to get a picture. I don’t know what those people are complaining about; I’ve never had a problem. Being a girl is hard, but these make it more tolerable. I won’t put any other type of hairtie in my hair. I have a lot of hair. A lot of thick hair. And in the middle of summer when the AC is broken (true story), these are the only ties that keep me from shaving my head. Which I can’t do because…wedding. Ugh.
5. Notebook/Pens – I think I’ve mentioned before that I must always have a notebook and pens around me. In my purse, on my desk, on my nightstand… you get it. I love notebooks of all sizes, but the small ones are nice to carry around. And I prefer lined paper. I’m not much of a doodler, so I need the lines to keep me on track. And Sharpie pens are my new favorite. Sharpie + notebook = PB&J of my life.
6. MacBook Pro/Charger – I could probably go without my iPhone as long as I have my MacBook. And obviously the charger that keeps it alive. When my original MacBook died, I replaced it with this and I haven’t had a single problem. (I’m a Mac, can you tell?) Without this, I wouldn’t be able to design things, do my homework, write emails, Facebook stalk, or plan vacations. See? It’s pretty important to my survival.
So. Obviously there are some things that just make life better. Is there a man in your life who you hate shopping for? Do they have a constant list of survival needs? (Maybe this is just Erich, but he always has to have beer and snacks. Men, am I right?) Well Man Crates can make your man-shopping easier. (I swear I didn’t mean for that to sound like you’re shopping for a man, but I’m just gonna leave it because it’s funny.)
Because I can’t say this better than they already did, here’s how Man Crates describes themselves, straight from the website:
As if that explanation wasn’t enough, let me just add that they ship all of their gifts in actual wooden crates. Is there anything cooler than that? (For a man, I mean.)