My name is Gayle. With a Y. You can call me whatever you want. I’m from Southern Maryland (and still spend a lot of time there), but now I live in Virginia. I made my debut in 1989, and it never gets old having people tell me how young I am. Or how young I look. Some girl thought I was 19 recently. Girl, thank you.
Now that that’s covered, I hope that you find my words funny/interesting/ridiculous/inspiring enough to stick around for a while. 🙂
I’ve never been a fan of talking about myself without being prompted, but then why did I start a blog? Let’s try 25 things about me. Questions are always welcome!
- My favorite colors are red and yellow.
- I LOVE giraffes.
- I have an adorable dog named Louie.
- I was going to be a teacher. I am not a teacher.
- I love reading. Feel free at any time to ask me what I’m reading because I will always have an answer.
- I tilt my head when I look at things.
- If I’m sitting in a position where my feet are close to my body, I will probably be touching them.
- I don’t really do the whole shoes and socks thing.
- But. I am still somehow addicted to shoes.
- My life would be empty without chicken tamales and salsa. This is not a joke.
- I think that I love photography, but I’m kind of lazy about it.
- I love to crochet. Yes, I will make you something.
- I drive a Rav-4 Hybrid. Her name is Moby Dick, Moby for short.
- I have three favorite movies: The Little Mermaid, Dirty Dancing, and Forrest Gump. (I think that I am Ariel. But really, I am Ariel. I even have my own Prince Eric(h).)
- I am actually quite friendly. I want to be YOUR friend!
- I’m freaking hysterical. (Or so I think.)
- My sense of humor is DRY. Like to the point where I’ve gotten in trouble because it’s hard to tell when I’m kidding.
- My ten-year plan involves moving to Austin.
- I will go anywhere. And I love car rides. I’m kind of like a dog. (See #6)
- I split my time pretty evenly between work, my house, and my parents’ house/the community theater five minutes away from their house. They’re always asking why I moved out.
- The feeling of my leg(s) falling asleep kind of makes me want to throw up.
- I have the patience of a small child, so…none.
- I am addicted to writing lists.
- All of my underwear has either polka dots or stripes. You’re welcome.
- I looooove writing notes to people. It makes my heart happy.