Sometimes easy prompts are exactly what you need on a Monday
morning afternoon. The blog world may never sleep, but I certainly do. I’ve never done this whole 54321 thing and it seemed interesting (and like I would be able to do it without thinking) so I thought I’d give it a shot. Plus, it’s nice to take stock of things happening in life — I mean, that’s what a blog is for, right?
Without further adieu, my list.
Five Meals I Want to Make
1. My mom’s chili. Recipe will not be posted, but I’m sure I’ll share some pictures.
2. Our favorite pesto chicken recipe. I used to make this at least once a week, but it’s been a while.
3. Shrimp of some kind. I’ll either try to make New Orleans BBQ shrimp again or I’ll stick to something simple. Craving shrimp lately. It’s weird, I know.
4. The BEST soup ever. My recipe varies slightly from what’s posted.
5. Mummy dogs for Halloween. We’re cute like that. One day I’ll have kids who really appreciate my efforts instead of trying to get Erich to pretend to be excited about it.
Four Stores I’m Obsessed With Right Now
1. Old Navy. Just purchased a bajillion things from there. It’s my go-to store lately and I just can’t get enough.
3. American Eagle. Obviously I still partake in the undies deal. Because duh. I also just bought a super cute Zara-like blanket scarf and now I’m wishing for cold. Knockoffs, for the win!
4. New York & Company. Because I’m profesh.
Three Pretty Pinterest Things
|[1, 2, 3]|
Two Goals for the Week
1. I need to get back on the workout train. I stopped for a while because I had bronchitis again, but the cough is nearly totally gone so I think it’s time to start. I borrowed the 21 Day Fix DVD from a friend and am really excited to try that. She’s assured me it’s less boring than Jillian. If anyone has tried it, let me know what you thought!
2. My bedroom is a mess. I haven’t been spending any time at home so I’ve neglected to clean anything in a while. My second goal for the week is to tidy up the apartment, but specifically the bedroom.
One Trip I’m Looking Forward To
We’re taking a day trip to Harper’s Ferry this weekend (weather permitting) and I can’t wait to see the changing leaves. I’ve only been once before and it happened to be Fall then, too, so I know it’ll be gorgeous. This time we’re taking the dog and I know he’ll just love it (because that matters).