Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'll Just Jump Right In

Wow. I feel like it's been ages since I've written anything for this blog. I'll just jump right in.

I went to Florida for Memorial Day Weeknd; Erich's cousin got married and to sum up the weekend it was crazy, hectic, stressful, fun, busy, and relaxing. We almost missed our plane Thursday night, but that's a story for another day. Maybe tomorrow? Erich's stepmom did end up staying behind until Friday. What a night.

Friday: We finally made it to Florida Thursday night/Friday morning around 1:00 a.m. I so wasn't expecting the airport to be as pretty as it was. Erich and his dad (and all the men in the family) were playing golf that day (which resulted in an awesome farmer's tan), so Erich was up and out of the hotel less than six hours after we finally got to bed. I had nothing to do since his stepmom was still in VA, so I thought I'd hit the pool. I ended up sleeping through everyone's text messages and almost missed a chance to hang out with his cousin's fiancee. I got my ish together and texted her back saying I'd catch a cab and meet her. Oh, PS - I'd only met this girl once before and we're going to her wedding in August. Good thing we're biffs now. So we spent the day shopping at the outlets. Then we got a call from the groom's mom asking if we could pick people up an hour away from where we were. This is what happens when you're the only people not golfing. Anyway, we did, we grabbed lunch, and then we drove to a cookout. We thought the cookout was being hosted by the bride's parents, but pretty much it wasn't, so we didn't stay long. Friday night we had dinner at the most amazing restaurant in Old St. Augustine with Erich's dad's brothers and sisters (with the exception of the groom's parents). Can you guys even follow this? I barely can. I was in bed super early Friday night.

Saturday: Wedding day. Got up. Got ready. I had a meltdown over my dress and the ironing board. I don't want to talk about it. Went to wedding. Went to reception. I really could turn this into a novel, but to keep it short, the wedding was beautiful. It was outside in a park and the weather was so nice. The reception was fun, but everyone was two hours late (including the guests) because of traffic and other circumstances. Once that nonsense was over, we went to the after party hosted by the groom's parents (also Erich's aunt and uncle). They had rented a house for the week, so everyone had a place to convene. Our little group were the last ones to leave. It was SO much fun. Dare I say it was more fun than the wedding/reception? We were in bed at 2:00 a.m.

Sunday: Somehow we managed to wake up at 8:30 and get ready. We had to pack up the room and check out by 11:00, but I really thought we'd sleep until the last second. Nope. Everyone was up and out by 10 and then we went to Old St. Augustine to walk around and have lunch. We ate at Columbia, and if you live in Florida please find one of these restaurants immediately! SO good. Then we drove to the beach and met Erich's aunt and uncle. We got to lay out and play in the water for about two hours before we had to leave for the airport. Sunday was really the only relaxing day we had, and it was really sad to leave.

Monday we spent recovering, and now somehow it's Wednesday. Not really sure how that happened.

If you made it to the end let me know. I'll send you a cookie.

Sami's Shenanigans


Catalyn H said...

Sounds like a nice getaway! I have never heard of Columbia but I will definitely check one out if I see one!

Jessica K said...

At least you had Monday to recover! :)

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Chocolate chip, please! ;)

Glad you were able to relax a bit on Monday. I know what you mean, I blinked and now it's Wednesday, what the crap?! haha. That much closer to the weekend again, I'm good with it.